Peanut Roaster FAQs
- How long will it take for me to pay off this equipment?
- What can I expect from local officials?
- What can we do for you?
- Where can I sell my peanuts and nut products?
- How do I get started?
How long will it take for me to pay off this equipment?
How long it takes to pay off the equipment will depend on the price you pay and what you sell the peanuts for. But let me give you a good example: If you pay on the high side of $.90 per pound for raw peanuts, than divide by 16 oz and you get – $.056 cost per oz.. Now multiply that by, say 4 oz., which is a nicely sized single portion (about 40 to 50 in-shell peanuts). Your cost per bag would be – $.22 per bag. A paper bag should cost .02 so the total would be $.24. Now if you get a minimum of $1.25 per bag then the profit would be $1.01 per bag x 4 bags to the pound. Therefore, total profit of $4.04 per pound of peanuts sold. So, a roaster costing $2400 would take 594 pounds of peanuts to break even. If you sold them for $2.00 per bag then it would take 340 pounds of peanuts to pay off the machine. In a OK location that could take from one to 3 weekends, in a great one it could take much less time.
What can I expect from local officials?
What to expect from local officials will vary from area to area. Remember that peanuts are produce and may come under less strict rules than foods such as meats and milk or egg based items. All food items must be kept in appropriate storage and display conditions to maintain freshness and cleanliness at all times. Just maintain the high standards that you expect others to keep with what you eat, plus what your area requires and you should be fine. In other words, this should be easier than you think. But like any other venture, if it was too easy everyone would be doing it. So expect challenges and be ready to work through them for a successful outcome.
What can we do for you?
For starters, we can provide you with good information to help you decide if this is for you. Then we can help you find the right equipment that will get you up and running as soon as you are ready. If you like, we can also help you with your peanuts since we help provide peanuts to so many businesses nationwide. We can help match you with a wholesaler or you can buy direct, whatever is best for you. No obligations. Your success is our success.
Where can I sell my peanuts and nut products?
Well, who buys them? Everyone! Where do they get them? Mostly in bag form in supermarkets or restaurants like steakhouse chains nationwide, or stadiums. These markets sell millions (couple of hundred millions) of pounds annually nationwide. So, what is left for you, the prospective peanut seller? That is the interesting part. For starters, since the other markets have such wide acceptance and everyone is familiar with peanuts, the door is wide open to the entrepreneur who wants to be “the one” in their area that does it. Let’s look at a few market opportunities:
- Farmers markets: What a great place to be in this exploding new/old marketplace. A “fresh” product, available year long, low cost, universally accepted, natural, healthy, tasty, etc., etc., etc.. Set up is easy and since it is always available, no waiting for the crop to come in, like your other items.
- Sporting events: Go to your local schools and offer them a part of the profits to get in and provide their stadiums and arenas with a healthy alternative to most ‘junk’ foods.
- Flea Markets: Each weekend millions go to their local swap meets and when it comes to feeding the kids, what can beat fresh peanuts for a snack that will keep them busy and full longer than most any other item? And, of course, peanuts are super healthy.
- Festivals, parades or street events: Where I come from Mardi Gras was and is still king, and a parade without peanuts doesn’t happen. Neither does any local festival and it shouldn’t! That is where you may come in. By the way, did we mention that this is a FUN business?
- Stores: If you have an existing business such as a store or concession stand, this is a great addition. We get calls all the time from stores that want to get started or get another roaster since they have been successful in past years and their old (usually over 10 years) roaster is needing replacement or upgrading.
How do I get started?
That’s easy. Just call or fill out our contact form below and we can speak with you directly and help you decide. NO PRESSURE. You decide and we help as we have for hundreds before. Our Phone is: 800-946-8688